2019-2026 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please see the following terms & conditions for bidding at the Kansas City Missouri Tow Lot Auction:
- UPDATED NOVEMBER 2022 -
These changes override the existing Terms & Conditions.
There will be a public viewing day on the second Tuesday of each month at 7750 E Front St from 8am - 4pm.
Registration and bidding will be online only.
ACH information is no longer required for registration and will not be kept on file.
Bidding opens on or before the second Tuesday of the month, at 10:07am Central Time.
Bidding begins closing on the third Tuesday of the month, at 5pm Central Time. The lot closes are staggered and there is a 3-minute soft close. All lots are expected to close by 7pm Central Time for a 500-car auction.
All payments are due on the day after the auction closes. Details as follows:
- CASH and CASHIER’S CHECKS will be accepted until 5pm at the auction window at 7750 E Front St Kansas City MO 64120.
- WIRE TRANSFER must be sent before 2pm.
- NO OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT will be accepted.
Non-payment will result in a permanent ban from the auction.
Lots that are not paid on time are forfeit and will be offered to the next highest bidder. If you are the next highest bidder you will be contacted on Thursday. Please do not call us, we will call you. Payment for those lots must be made between 1pm and 3pm Friday.
Vehicle pick-up deadline is extended:
All vehicles must be picked up by 4pm Tuesday following the auction.
$30 per day storage fee will apply for late pick-up.
Auctioneer contact info:
Call: (913) 703-5150
Email: [email protected]iauctions.com
We are available from 9:30am to 7:30pm M-F. Always leave a message when you call and tell us your phone number in the message. This is the only way to make sure you get a call back due to high call volume.
The existing terms and conditions are as follows. Again, the rules above override any conflicts in the existing terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- UPDATED MAY 2019 -
- On-site bidders: Full payment shall be made on the day of the auction by 5:00 PM Central Time. Cash or cashier's check only - no cards, money orders, or other types of checks.
- Online bidders: You will not receive an invoice until all lots are clerked at the end of the auction (3-4pm Central Time), and are given the option to wire transfer your payment the next day. Must be received by 2:00 pm Central Time. Make wire transfer arrangements with your bank PRIOR TO the auction to avoid payment issues.
For further questions, comments, or instructions, please email [email protected] or call (913) 703-5150.
2) TERMS OF AUCTION:
Payment of purchases must be made by cash, cashier's check, or wire transfer, with proof of identity. All sales are subject to $25 Per Car Buyer's Premium. No sales tax laws will be applied to purchases other than items requiring a Bill of Sale or Title. Online Bidders are subject to 10% Administrative Fee. Bidder agrees not to stop payment on checks, transfers or charges. Required fingerprint for all payments except cash.
All Absentee Bids will be done through Official Auctions, Inc. online platform. Call (913) 703-5150 or reference our website at oaikc.com. A bank letter of credit must accompany all absentee bids and must be on bank letterhead naming Official Auctions, Inc. as the party guaranteed.
3) NO WARRANTY:
The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this sale are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions, photos nor the oral statements made by owner, its officers, agents nor employees of Official Auctions, Inc. concerning any items shall be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. This catalogue is intended to provide general information and is subject to errors, omissions, additions or deletions. Please check with Auctioneer's office for final listing. Items offered may or may not be sold as described in this catalogue.
ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS - WHERE IS with no warranties expressed or implied. Statements made day of sale take precedence over all printed materials. Auction vehicles may be withdrawn from the sale at any time prior to payment.
Buyer will be furnished an invoice when payment is received for items purchased. This invoice must be presented to and validated by check-out personnel before the buyer will be permitted to remove purchases from the auction premises.
5) REMOVAL DATE:
Vehicle(s) become(s) the full responsibility of the buyer when the Auctioneer says "Sold" and announces WINNING BID NUMBER. The buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage to property until removed from auction premises.
Buyers have until 4:00 pm on the Friday following the auction to pick up their vehicles, If you purchase more than nine (9) vehicles you have until Sunday at 4pm. Vehicles may be picked up between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday, and 9:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday. Drivers will have ten (10) minutes on the lot to retrieve their vehicles.
Official Auctions, Inc. is not responsible for accidents, or lost/stolen items, or breakage during Auction or Load-Out. If buyer seeks assistance in load-out from Auction personnel, Auction House is not responsible in any way for breakage or damage to any items. ALL pick-up and load-out responsibility lies with the BUYER.
Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full on the day of the auction. Buyer shall be responsible to the auctioneer for expenses of resale and collection and any damages resulting from the resale including attorney's fees and costs.
7) DISPUTES BETWEEN BIDDERS:
The auctioneer shall designate the Purchaser after each vehicle is auctioned. If a dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer reserves the right to reopen bidding. His designation of a buyer shall be final. On-site disputes will be worked through between the bidder and the auctioneer. Online disputes will be worked through with a customer service representative at the discretion of Official Auction Inc, and are final.
For online dispute, there is a current four (4) day turn-around period with first contact to bidder on day (1) depending upon the hammer. Anyone found negligent for non-payment will be permanently banned from the auction with no recourse.
8) INJURY AND DAMAGE:
Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by bidder or his agent and further agrees to hold Official Auctions Inc., the owner, its officers or employees harmless for any personal injury to himself or his agents and any property damage incurred on sale premises. See Kansas City Insurance waiver for their terms.
9) TITLE AND BILL OF SALE POLICY:
Official Auctions Inc. is not responsible for, nor has any accountability for, bills of sale or titles for any vehicle, no exceptions. All bill of sales and titles are handled by the City of Kansas City Missouri Tow Lot.
10) TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
All technical support will be issued through the Official Auctions Inc. online platform. There will be technical support via email and phone from 9am to 7pm on normal business days, EXCEPT DAY OF AUCTION. Our internet auction service provides technical support, available via email. Phone support is governed through the Official Auctions Inc. auction services.
In the event that there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, or any other online auction-related technologies, Official Auctions reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding.
NEITHER THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE NOR OFFICIAL AUCTIONS SHALL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR A MISSED BID OR THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO FUNCTION PROPERLY FOR ANY REASON. Email notifications will be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary by Official Auctions.
11) Kansas City Tow Lot Auction Rules
Neighborhoods and Housing Services Department - Tow Services Section
7750 E Front Street
Kansas City, MO 64120
In order to ensure that order is maintained, acts of theft are eliminated, and to keep the risk of any loss to a minimum on auction days, auction customers must:
1) All buyers must register with the auctioneer and be issued a buyer number. Buyer numbers must be worn at all times. All buyers must have valid state ID to register. All buyers must be at least 18 years of age.
2) Penalties may be imposed on auction customers for failure to comply with all established protocols and procedures. A buyer may be suspended or banned for a period of 3 years or permanently banned for violation of established auction protocols and procedures. Buyer may be removed immediately and given a 3 year suspension for:
- Disruptive, disrespectful, obscene or abusive language toward other customers, the auctioneer or City staff members. Refusal to follow legal direction of City staff or auctioneers.
- Entering vehicles to access trunks, glove boxes, or interior areas. Bidders may enter the driver's side door of a vehicle to access the hood release only.
- Dumping trash from purchased vehicles on the lot before taking the purchased vehicle.
- For failing to take all vehicle parts, when taking the purchased vehicle from the lot.
- Failure to pay for vehicles purchased at an auction. (Upon completion of the three year suspension, a $500.00 deposit will be required for all purchases made).
- Failure to pay security deposit for vehicles purchased at auction, when required.
- 2ND violation of any offense listed as a 6 month suspension.
Buyers may be banned permanently for:
- Any form of theft.
- Any 2nd failure to pay for vehicles purchased.
- An assault on another customer, city staff member, the auctioneer and their staff or anyone on Tow Service
- Any misrepresentation, as a buyer for a company, when not authorized or without written approval, from that company to act as a buyer for said company.
- Being found in violation of any city code pertaining to inoperable vehicles on property owned or
controlled by the buying company or individual buyer.
- Attempting to purchase vehicles while under a 6-month or 12-month suspension.
All sales must be final and paid in full by 5:00 PM on the day of the sale.
The auctioneer will process all final sales and provide documentation of the sale to the City outlining each transaction by the close of business on Friday the week of the auction.
Additionally, the auctioneer will provide a check for the proceeds of the auction to the City by the end of business on Friday the week of the auction as outlined in the contract. No exceptions.
The City does not guarantee a title to unclaimed vehicles sold at auction.
All unclaimed vehicles are sold on a Missouri Department of Revenue form #4579, "Abandoned Property Bill of Sale."
Buyers will receive a bill of sale within 14 days of the auction date. Buyers that lose their original bill of sale will be charged $10.00 for a duplicate bill of sale. The bill of sale can be used to obtain a title in the state of Missouri following procedures established by the Missouri Department of Revenue. It may not be accepted by other states. The purchaser must make application within 30 days of purchase for an original title, salvage title, or junking certificate. It is the responsibility of the buyer to obtain information on titling vehicles outside Missouri.
Auction vehicles are not presumed safe for operation on streets and cannot be driven off the lot. All purchased vehicles must be towed off city property by authorized tow equipment. All parts and contents of purchased vehicles must be removed with vehicles. Buyers cannot "clean out" a vehicle before removing it. Purchased vehicles cannot be unloaded or stored in the parking lot, along the access road, or on Front Street. Repairs of auction vehicles cannot be performed on the lot or in the parking area. Auction vehicles left in the parking lot or on the entrance road will be towed back on to the lot and a $240.00 tow fee per vehicle will be assessed.
Parking space is limited. Please arrive early and try to carpool. No parking is allowed on the grass and violators will be ticketed.
The Tow Services Division makes every attempt to identify stolen vehicles before they are sold, but if the Missouri Highway Patrol later discovers a vehicle purchased at the auction to be stolen, the buyer will only be reimbursed for the cost of the vehicle and the buyer premium. Auction vehicles may be withdrawn from the sale at any time prior to payment.
Buyers can register in-person at the lot after 8 a.m. on the day of the sale. All bidders must sign-in at the auction window before entering the lot. The auction begins at 10:00 a.m. No guests, children, or pets are allowed entry.
Buyers must pay for their cars in cash or cashier's check by 5:00PM. on the day of the auction. Please make cashier's checks payable to Official Auctions, Inc.
Buyers have until 4:00 pm on the Friday following the auction to pick up their vehicles, If you purchase more than nine (9) vehicles you have until Sunday at 4pm. Vehicles may be picked up between 8:00am and 6:00pm, seven (7) days a week during that time. Drivers will have ten (10) minutes on the lot to retrieve their vehicles.